Former Peru President Detained for Money Laundering
Former Peru President Ollanta Humala and his wife received a precautionary detention measure for 18 months.
A Peruvian judge issued an arrest warrant to Humala and his wife Nadine Heredia for money laundering and settling criminal organization.
Humala and Heredia will be in jail for 18 months. They both dismissed all charges.
Humala left the presidency on July 28, 2016. He had presidential immunity, which was in power when there were investigations during his presidency.
- » EU Looks to Screen Migrants in Africa to Stop Boatloads
- » Melania Trump Wears 'I Really don't Care do u?' Jacket on Migrant Visit
- » Russia and the UK are Running out of Beer because of the World Cup
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary