Former Peru President Detained for Money Laundering
Former Peru President Ollanta Humala and his wife received a precautionary detention measure for 18 months.
A Peruvian judge issued an arrest warrant to Humala and his wife Nadine Heredia for money laundering and settling criminal organization.
Humala and Heredia will be in jail for 18 months. They both dismissed all charges.
Humala left the presidency on July 28, 2016. He had presidential immunity, which was in power when there were investigations during his presidency.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine