Former Woman Astronaut to Be the Next Candian Governor
A former astronaut will be the next governor general of Canada. Julie Payette was nominated for the position by the prime minister Justin Trudeau.
53-year-old Payette will become the 29th governor general of the North American country and the fourth woman to take the position. She will be a representative of the queen of Britain and will mainly have ceremonial functions.
During her representation in the parliament in Ottawa Trudeau praised her work for the Canadian Space Agency where she became the second woman astronaut in Canada.
Payette is one of the 10 Canadians who have been in space. She had taken part in space missions in 1999 and 2009 and she has a total of 611 hours spent in space. She is the first Canadian astronaut in the International Space Station. She speaks six languages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Parliament VP Calls for Sanctions on Turkey During December Summit
- » BGN 755 Million Allocated for Elderly Care under Reconstruction and Sustainability Plan
- » Bulgaria’s President: Next Cabinet Will Be in Extremely Hard Situation
- » Quote of the Day: How Little We know Bulgaria and Macedonia
- » Bulgaria under Partial Lockdown from Tonight, 27 November
- » Trump Moves Step Closer to Conceding Election