Big Fire in the Kresna Defile
The fire broke out in the Kresna Defile on Thursday afternoon and covered 800 decares of forest, the local fire brigade said.
Its extinction continues with the participation of forestry and military personnel. Authorities use off-road vehicles and, where that is not possible, the fire is extinguished by hand. The forecasts are that the fire can be stopped by Friday until noon. There is a substantial smoke inside the gorge, where is the busiest road section towards Greece, so drivers need to be careful, BNR reports.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Decrease of Clouds and Rain with Max Temp Between 13°-18°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain in Some Places, Max Temp 11°-16° C
- » Bulgaria: Caps for the Future Charity Initiative Begins this Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Continue but will Gradually Weaken
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Orange Code for Intensive Rainfall around the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain, Clouds and Low Temperatures