Ludogorets failed their first Champions League test
Bulgarian football champion Ludogorets started their Champions League journey with a defeat. "The eagles" conceded a full comeback and lost their visit to Lithuanian side Zalgiris with 1:2. The hero for the hosts was ex-player of Bulgarian club CSKA Serge Nyuiadzi. This was the first match between the two teams in the second qualification round. The second clash in Bulgaria will be played on 19th July.
"Zalgiris just started their season but that can't be an excuse for our defeat", said Ludogorets head coach Georgi Dermendzhiev. He is really disappointed with the result but hopes his team can make it through the Champions League group stages once again.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing