EP Confirms Maria Gabriel as New Digital Commissioner
he European Parliament Tuesday voted in an overwhelming majority to approve Mariya Gabriel’s nomination to be the next European digital commissioner, writes Politoco.
In all, 517 MEPs voted in favor, 77 against and 89 abstained.
She has vowed to use her new platform as a commissioner to marry these interests with tech.
Gabriel swept through her parliamentary hearing relatively unscathed, despite allegations of a cut-rate rental agreement in her home country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: EU Funds Have Led to Increased Wages, Business Investments, GDP Rise by 7.7%
- » OLAF: Romania Ranks First in Fraud Cases with EU Funds, Bulgaria is Fifth
- » Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
- » European Parliament Will Discuss the Situation in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves €4.4 Million Bulgarian Support Measure to Burgas and Varna Airports
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life