EP Confirms Maria Gabriel as New Digital Commissioner
he European Parliament Tuesday voted in an overwhelming majority to approve Mariya Gabriel’s nomination to be the next European digital commissioner, writes Politoco.
In all, 517 MEPs voted in favor, 77 against and 89 abstained.
She has vowed to use her new platform as a commissioner to marry these interests with tech.
Gabriel swept through her parliamentary hearing relatively unscathed, despite allegations of a cut-rate rental agreement in her home country.
- » PM Borisov was Congratulated on the Way Bulgaria Protects Borders at Brussels Summit
- » EC to Provide Aid to Greece, Poland, Lithuania and Bulgaria on Natural Disasters
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister will Open 7th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- » Bulgaria Tops EU Poverty Risk Ranking
- » Cohesion Policy: EU Invests in the Trams of Sofia
- » 330 Meetings and Conferences Held in Bulgaria as Part of its EU Presidency