Faecal Bacteria Found in Ice From Three Major UK Coffee Chains
Ice from three of the UK's biggest coffee chains has been found to contain bacteria from faeces, according to a BBC investigation, quoted by BTV.
Samples of iced drinks from Costa Coffee, Starbucks and Caffe Nero contained varying levels of the bacteria, the BBC's Watchdog found.
Expert Tony Lewis said the levels found were "concerning".
"These should not be present at any level - never mind the significant numbers found," he added.
Cleanliness of tables, trays and high chairs at the chains was also tested at 30 branches.
Seven out of 10 samples of Costa ice were found to be contaminated with bacteria found in faeces.
At both Starbucks and Caffe Nero, three out of 10 samples tested contained the bacteria known as faecal coliforms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland Halts Regular Travel from Estonia as Part of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Humanoid Robots Find Increasingly New Niches Amid Pandemic
- » Politico: Bulgaria’s Bumpy Road to Vaccination Targets
- » Trials of Magical Anti-Covid Nasal Spray Started off in UK
- » Germany Will Buy The Covid Drug Used on Donald Trump
- » Oxfam Report: Pandemic Makes The Rich Get Richer And The Poor Get Poorer