Bulgarian President Meets with Romanian Counterpart Klaus Iohannis
The presidents of Bugaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis dicussed the two countries’ plans of joining the Schengen area, as well as joint energy projects.
Rumen Radev, who is playing an official visit to Romania, welcomed the fact that Romania’s military spending has reached 2% of its GDP, as recommended by NATO.
The two presidents also discussed the fight against corruption and the reform in the judiciary.
Nothing that the Romanian model of battling corruption has proved its effectiveness, President Radev commented that Bulgaria cannot copy a given model directly but can and must take into account some guiding principles.
President Klaus Iohannis declared that Romania was ready to share its experience in the fight against corruption with Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian MFA: We Expect the Albanian PM to Express Himself as a Politician from an EU Candidate Country
- » Bulgaria to COREPER: Right Now there is No Way to Solve the Issue with North Macedonia
- » PM Petkov confirmed Bulgaria's demands to North Macedonia, EU is Frustrated
- » Biden Nominates a New Ambassador to Bulgaria
- » Macron is ready to Organize a Sofia-Skopje Meeting in Paris
- » The US Condemned the Arson of the Bulgarian Cultural Center in North Macedonia