Bulgarian President Meets with Romanian Counterpart Klaus Iohannis
The presidents of Bugaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis dicussed the two countries’ plans of joining the Schengen area, as well as joint energy projects.
Rumen Radev, who is playing an official visit to Romania, welcomed the fact that Romania’s military spending has reached 2% of its GDP, as recommended by NATO.
The two presidents also discussed the fight against corruption and the reform in the judiciary.
Nothing that the Romanian model of battling corruption has proved its effectiveness, President Radev commented that Bulgaria cannot copy a given model directly but can and must take into account some guiding principles.
President Klaus Iohannis declared that Romania was ready to share its experience in the fight against corruption with Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia’s New Ambassador Assumes High Office in Sofia in February
- » Bulgarian Government Allots EUR 100,000 for Quake-Stricken Croatia
- » Moscow Strikes Back: Bulgarian Top Diplomat Expelled from Russia
- » Bulgaria Ready to Help North Macedonia with Vaccines
- » Russian Military Attaché Accused of Spying Left Bulgaria
- » India, UK Hold Bilateral Discussions on UNSC Agenda