Greece confirms support for Bulgaria’s joining the Schengen area
The President of Greece, Prokopis Pavlopoulos, has reaffirmed his country’s support for Bulgaria’s joining the Schengen area during the first visit of Bulgarian President Rumen Radev in Southeastern Europe, the President’s office said.
Radev said Schengen is important for Bulgaria and the only way to guarantee an effective fight against the illegal trafficking of people and terrorism. It is high time for the other EU member states to understand this, he added.
Bulgaria and Greece have a strategic partnership in bilateral relations and within the EU and NATO. The two countries can be an example of friendly relations on the Balkans, built on the common European values, Radev stated./FOCUS News Agency/
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low