NSI: Poverty Line for Bulgaria Was BGN 308.17 in 2016
In 2016, the average monthly poverty line for the country was BGN 308.17 per capita. The number of people below this line was 1,638,700, equal to 22.9% of the population, the National Statistics Institute (NSI) said.
The poverty line decreased by 5.4% compared to the previous year, while the share of poor population increased by 0.9 percentage points.
The social protection system contributes considerably to the poverty decrease.
Poverty and social inclusion indicators are part of the common EU indicators for tracing the progress in the fight against poverty and social isolation. A main source of statistical data for calculation of the indicators is the annually conducted Survey on Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC)./ Focus News Agency
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BGN 755 Million Allocated for Elderly Care under Reconstruction and Sustainability Plan
- » Bulgaria under Partial Lockdown from Tonight, 27 November
- » NCTC to Discuss Plan for Reconstruction and Sustainability Tomorrow, November 27
- » Court Rules: Atanas Bobokov Released on Record BGN 2 Million Bail
- » Ruslan Stefanov: People of Many Age Groups in Bulgaria Believe in Strong Hand
- » Bulgarian Parliamentarians Say 'No' to Grand National Assembly and New Constitution