Chief Prosecutor calls for less politics around judicial reform
Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov called for more law and less politics to enable the judicial reform. He spoke at a chess meeting with investigators and members of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC), with the participation of Russian chess player and MP Anatoly Karpov, a reporter of FOCUS News Agency said.
Tsatsarov said that firstly those who lead this match (the demands for judicial reform) have to say what this reform is about. “If I hear clear ideas, I could comment on them," he said.
He went on saying that the first direct election of SJC members by the judges and the prosecutors is the meaningful response about the judicial reform.
The debate for the judicial reform includes the creation of an independent institution able to investigate potential irregularities linked to high-ranking prosecutors.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The President will Not Talk to "We Continue the Change" and BSP for a New Cabinet
- » Bulgaria: “We Continue the Change” will Start Negotiations for a New Cabinet
- » "Democratic Bulgaria" at the Presidential Consultations: It is Important to form a Cabinet with the First Term
- » “There Is Such a People” at the Presidential Consultations: We Ask you to Declassify the January Talks for North Macedonia
- » NATO: Bulgaria Increased Defense Spending by 7.49% compared to Last Year
- » DPS at the Presidential Consultations: We must Turn to the Voters again