Conference on Cyprus will take place in Switzerland
The United Nations Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on Cyprus Espen Barth Eide announced on Friday that the Conference on Cyprus will take place in Crans-Montana, Switzerland, Ekathimerini writes.
Speaking after meeting with Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades, Eide said that both sides made it clear to him they will be going there on June 28 “with the ambition to solve the problem,” but conceded that clinching an agreement “is not a given.”
“We have to be honest about that. It is not getting easier just because we go to Switzerland but there is determination and willingness that I can register now that we go with that ambition,” he said. “If we succeed it doesn’t mean that all work is over and we can go straight to a referendum.”
Apart from the participation of Anastasiades and Turkish-Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci, the conference will also be attended
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Banned the Use of Alcohol and Drugs by Military Personnel
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: We Need to Talk with North Macedonia as a Country to Country
- » 42 Countries have given Permission for Bulgarians to Vote on their Territory
- » NATO's Multinational Battlegroup in Bulgaria completes its Biggest Exercise yet (VIDEO)
- » Bulgarian PM expects from the Ministry of the Interior Serious Control of the Roads
- » For Bulgarians Abroad: A Form is Now Available to Vote in the October Elections