European Commission Approves Bulgaria's Measures in Support to BDZ
The European Commission has approved Bulgaria’s measures in support to BDZ. Brussels found that the measures do not violate EU rules on state support, according to a statement from EC.
The measures will allow the company to reduce its debt without undue distortion of competition in the single market. Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski said this is very good news for the Bulgarian railways.
The state will forgive BGN 224 million in debt, which is in line with 2008 guidelines on state support to railway companies, as the debt emerged before Bulgaria’s integration into the EU.
EC also emphasises that BDZ is the sole railway passenger transport company in Bulgaria and its activity is crucial for connectivity and economy.
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018