23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
23 customs officers were detained during a joint anticorruption operation conducted by the Directorate for Combatting Organised Crime and the State Agency for National Security at Kulata border crossing (border with Greece), the spokesperson of Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor, Roumyana Arnaudova told BNT on 14th of June.
She added that 63,000 BGN were seized during searches. The charges will be for organized crime group that had been operational since March 2015.
Kulata border crossing was temporarily closed for traffic causing long queues of vehicles.
All customs officers on the shift were detained on suspicions for involvement in a corruption scheme.
- » Former Interpol Chief Sentenced to more than 13 Years in Prison for Corruption
- » Nearly 100 Dangerous Prisoners Escaped from a Prison in Paraguay
- » Bulgarian Man Brutally Murdered in London
- » A Bulgarian was Seriously Injured in an Attack in Malta
- » A Child Opened Shooting at a School in Mexico
- » Bomb Blast at Quetta Mosque Killed at least 12 People