Sofia Disagrees with Putin Claim that Slavonic Alphabet Arrived in Russia From Macedonian Land
Bulgarian politicians have reacted sharply to claim of Russian President Vladimir Putin that the Slavonic alphabet had arrived in Russia from Macedonian land. Putin voiced this thesis while in a meeting with his Macedonian counterpart Gjorge Ivanov and his words were quoted on the Kremlin website, BNR reported.
In connection with the claim the Bulgarian Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva comments on Facebook that the alphabet was created based on the will and with the participation of the medieval Bulgarian state, so it is not accidental that in all Old-Bulgarian books the Bulgarian sovereign Boris I is referred to as Tsar Boris-Mikhail the Baptist.
Recalling that five years ago the Patriarch of Moscow and of all Russia Kiril said that book literacy in Russia had been delivered by the Bulgarians, Zaharieva adds that ‘’thanks to Bulgaria the Cyrillic is already on the banknotes of the single European currency’’.
Minister of Culture Boil Banov voiced surprise over the words of the Russian President and called for greater regard of history.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 663 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: An Accident with 3 Deaths closed a Section of the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1566 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » How to keep our Medics in Bulgaria? Young Female Doctor Beaten Up by Parents of a Patient
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1496 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Prof.: Protection is Insufficient from a Vaccine Administered more than 10 Months ago and from an Infection 1 Year ago