Cosmonaut Georgi Ivanov Taken to Hospital in Serious Condition
76-year-old Bulgarian cosmonaut Georgi Ivanov was taken to hospital this morning, reported BNR.
The Military Medical Academy has announced that he has most probably suffered a brain stroke.
On 10 April, 1979 Ivanov took part in flight in space on board the Soyuz 33 spaceship together with Russian Cosmonaut Nikolai Rukavishnikov.
The two spent 1 day, 23 hours and 1 minute in orbit around the Earth but had to return early after a technical failure prevented the docking of Soyuz 33 with Salyut 6 space station.
- » NASA: A Potentially Dangerous Asteroid is Approaching the Earth
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy and Rainy
- » At least 11 Dead due to Heavy Rains in Brazil
- » PISA Survey: Many Young Bulgarians Prefer to Work in the Services Sector
- » Facebook Collapsed
- » Turkey Struck by 2 Major Earthquakes, 22 People were Killed