Cosmonaut Georgi Ivanov Taken to Hospital in Serious Condition
76-year-old Bulgarian cosmonaut Georgi Ivanov was taken to hospital this morning, reported BNR.
The Military Medical Academy has announced that he has most probably suffered a brain stroke.
On 10 April, 1979 Ivanov took part in flight in space on board the Soyuz 33 spaceship together with Russian Cosmonaut Nikolai Rukavishnikov.
The two spent 1 day, 23 hours and 1 minute in orbit around the Earth but had to return early after a technical failure prevented the docking of Soyuz 33 with Salyut 6 space station.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 79 Passed Without Escalation of Tension
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 255 Newly Registered Cases, 19828 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain and Thunderstorms Over the Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 290 Newly Registered Cases, 6 Death
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 78: Procession to the Headquarters of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms
- » Russia Will Supply Bulgaria With a Drug Against COVID-19