MPs Observe a Minute’s Silence in Memory of the Victims From the Batak Massacre
The MPs observed a minute’s silence today in memory of the victims of the Batak massacre in the times of Ottoman domination in Bulgaria.
‘’141 years ago, one of the biggest tragedies in the country’s history was played out in Batak. The people of Batak joined the April uprising, an expression of the nation’s will to be free and equal to all other European nations. May the memory of the martyrs live on’’, said National Assembly President Dimitar Glavchev.
In a declaration on behalf of the United Patriots Volen Siderov expressed the hope that the MPs are mature enough to adopt a draft condemning the genocide against Bulgarians in the Ottoman Empire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Rosen Rapchev: Road Accidents in Bulgaria Decrease by Nearly 25%
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Andrew’s Day, Young Girls Guess Whom They Will Marry
- » BGN 755 Million Allocated for Elderly Care under Reconstruction and Sustainability Plan
- » Bulgaria under Partial Lockdown from Tonight, 27 November
- » NCTC to Discuss Plan for Reconstruction and Sustainability Tomorrow, November 27
- » Court Rules: Atanas Bobokov Released on Record BGN 2 Million Bail