2 killed, 8 Injured in Gas Explosion in Russia's South
Russian authorities say that a gas explosion in an apartment building in Russia's south has killed at least two people and injured eight other, according to ABC.
The Russian emergency situations ministry said that an entire stairwell in the building in Volgograd collapsed in Tuesday's blast.
Andrei Bocharov, governor of the Volgograd region, said in televised comments that two people have been confirmed dead, eight injured. Three of them are hospitalized in serious condition.
Footage from the scene showed firefighters and emergency workers clearing the rubble at the four-story building with the entire stairwell missing.
Bocharov said that investigators believe that the explosion occurred after one of the tenants tried to get connected to the gas grid without proper authorization.
- » Putin says Russia will not Cede Crimea under any Circumstances
- » Four Russian Soldiers were Killed during Fights in Syria
- » Russia will soon Open Bridge linking Crimea to Russia
- » Thousands Arrested in Protest against Putin
- » Thousands Protest in Moscow over the Blocking of Telegram
- » Putin will take an Unprecedented Decision after his Inauguration