Specialized Prosecutor’s Office With Three Times as Many Indictments as in 2016
According to Ministry of Justice data, the number of indictments filed by the Specialized Prosecutor’s Office in Bulgaria in the first three months of 2017 have trebled compared to the same period of last year, BNR reported.
76 prosecutor’s acts have been filed in lawsuits against organized crime, as against 23 in the January-March 2016 period.
36 individuals have been convicted or penalized during the first quarter of the year, as against 30 in January-March 2016.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor