GERB Party to Table Legislation to Introduce Majoritarian Election System
The first legislation that Boyko Borisov’s centre-right GERB party will table in the Parliament elected in March this year will be to introduce a majoritarian system for electing MPs, parliamentary group leader Tsvetan Tsvetanov said, quoted by Independent Bakan News Agency.
Tsvetanov was speaking on the weekend after Borisov returned to power as Prime Minister, at the head of a coalition government of GERB and the United Patriots.
‘’Tabling a bill on a majoritarian voting system was a fulfilment of a commitment made by GERB at the end of the previous legislature as well as its promises during the campaign ahead of the March 2017 elections’’, Tsvetanov added.
He expressed hope that the proposed legislation would be supported in the National Assembly.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend