Macron Is The Elected French President
Emmanuel Macron, the 39-year-old politician who found a political party just a year ago, was elected French President on Sunday, defeating Marine Le Pen, far-right nationalist who threatened to take France out of the European Union. That reported Reuters.
Macron had topped 66 percent just under 34 percent for Le Pen. Even with this performance for the National Front, a party with anti-immigrant government which pointed the scale of the divisions that Macron has to heal now, was a record.
Macron's wife, Katia Dienudonné, is a 35-year-old immigrant from Haiti. Reported from Reuters, after the victory rally she said: "He stands for the change I've wanted since I arrived in France in 1985 - openness, diversity, without stigmatizing anyone ... I've voted for the left in the past and been disappointed."
Macron is the eighth and the youngest president of France's Fifth Republic when he moves into the Elysee Palace after his inauguration following weekend.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev: Bulgaria must Support all Relations leading to an End to the War in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria: Borissov promised the Protesters that Coal Plants will work until 2038
- » Bulgaria’s PM: The Plans will be Accepted despite the Protests from Miners and Energy Workers
- » Protests: Miners and Energy Workers Blocked Key Roads in Bulgaria
- » Today marks the beginning of the Pre-Election Campaign for Local Elections in Bulgaria