Bulgarians Commemorate 141 Anniversary of April Uprising
A number of events today commemorate the 141st anniversary of the April Uprising of 1876 against the Ottomans.
Traditionally, the center of celebrations is the Bulgarian town of Panagyurishte, where festive atmosphere and patriotic spirit characterize the day, quoted by BNR.
A procession and commemorative ceremony have already taken place downtown Panagyurishte and the culmination of events will be tonight’s military parade and fireworks, it was reported. President Radev will also be a guest to the ceremony and will hold a speech.
All Bulgarians commemorate and pay respect to the heroes of the April Uprising who sacrificed their lives for Bulgaria’s Liberation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 20 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Floods in Northwestern Bulgaria caused severe Damages
- » 55% of Drivers in Bulgaria drive at Excessive Speed in Populated Areas
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 23 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria will have Medical Helicopters within a month