Angela Merkel: 'EU-Turkey Ties 'Severely Hit' by Ankara Developments'
The relationship between the European Union and Turkey has been severely hit by actions taken by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Thursday, AFP reported.
"The developments over the past weeks have severely hit German-Turkish ties as well as European-Turkish relations," she told parliament, noting in particular that Ankara's arrest and treatment of a German newspaper correspondent is "incompatible with a constitutional state".
- » EU - African, Caribbean and Pacific Countries Future Partnership: Council Adopts Negotiating Mandate
- » VAT Fraud: Agreement on Measures to Boost Administrative Cooperation
- » VAT Minimum Standard Rate Set Permanently at 15%
- » VAT Fraud: EU Approves Cooperation Agreement with Norway
- » Eurogroup Statement on Greece of 22 June 2018
- » Leave and Flexible Work for Parents and Carers: Council Agrees General Approach on the Draft Directive on Work-life Balance