Caretaker Government Places Gripen Jets Offer First
At a meeting on Wednesday, the caretaker government adopted the conclusions of the special committee set up for the acquiring of a new type of fighter jets, BNR reported.
The committee has placed Sweden’s SAAB Gripen jets offer at first place, it was reported. The Swedish bid was preferred over offers for used F-16 planes and used Eurofighter jets.
The final decision will be taken by the future government of the country. Bulgaria wants to buy 8 fighter jets worth some EUR 757M.
- » Bulgarian PM: New F16 is Much Better than Any Other Aircraft Offered
- » Bulgaria Invests in its T-72 Tanks
- » Bulgaria Has Not Received Information About Increased NATO Presence in Black Sea
- » Atlantic Council of Bulgaria Voiced a Position on the Acquisition of a New Type of Combat Aircraft
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defence: Four Countries Fund Radical Islam in Bulgaria
- » A Bulgarian Team Participates in the Largest NATO Cyber Defense Drill