Caretaker Government Places Gripen Jets Offer First
At a meeting on Wednesday, the caretaker government adopted the conclusions of the special committee set up for the acquiring of a new type of fighter jets, BNR reported.
The committee has placed Sweden’s SAAB Gripen jets offer at first place, it was reported. The Swedish bid was preferred over offers for used F-16 planes and used Eurofighter jets.
The final decision will be taken by the future government of the country. Bulgaria wants to buy 8 fighter jets worth some EUR 757M.
- » Bulgaria Set to Participate in NATO Mission Iraq
- » Bulgaria to Repair T 72 Main Battle Tanks
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Restraint During Procedure for Purchase of Military Aircraft
- » America’s Obesity is Threatening National Security, According to Study
- » US, China Look on as Putin Seeks India Arms Deals
- » Bm: SAAB Gripen Played its Trump Card for the Deal of New Bulgarian Fighter Jets