35% of Bulgarian Population Living in Poverty
A 2016 Eurostat poll on social trends and poverty indexes within the EU has found out that some 2.5M Bulgarians, or nearly 35% of the population, lived in poverty.
The agency sees the term as impossibility for unhindered payment of monthly utilities and the coverage of unexpected expenses, central heating of the entire house, an access to TV, car and a cell phone, regular meals or at least a week of holiday away from home.
Some 7.8% of the EU population faced poverty in 20167, the poll says, quoted by BNR.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 Took the Life of Colin Powell
- » Sofia’s St. Anna Hospital has no Free Beds for COVID Patients
- » Bulgarian Doctor: We Failed to Focus on Science in Media Communication During the Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Doctor: The Covid Certificate gives Freedom, it does not Take it Away
- » Over 75% of Adult EU Citizens are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
- » Kosovo has Become the Leader in Vaccination in the Western Balkans