Rosen Plevneliev with Report on Russian Cyber Attack During Local Elections in 2015
President Rosen Plevneliev (2012-2017) has announced to Nova TV, that he had a report from competent institutions stating that during the 2015 local elections a cyberattack came from an organization based in Russia.
The same organization was also involved in the cyberattack against the German Bundestag which took place shortly before the vote in Bulgaria two years ago, quoted by BNR.
According to the former head of state, there were four states interfering in the Bulgarian political process.
These are Russia, Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia. The first three also tried to influence the country’s electoral processes.
- » May 24 - Day of Bulgarian Culture and Enlightenment
- » Procession and Celebrations for May 24 in Sofia, the Capital of Bulgaria
- » Australian Prison Activist Ends Hunger Strike in Bulgarian Jail
- » Bulgaria Opens a New Section of Struma Motorway after Blagoevgrad
- » Construction of "Europe" Motorway in Bulgaria has Began
- » Bulgarian Government Approves over BGN 21 Million for Children from Vulnerable Groups and for Training of Specialties