It Is Saint Thomas Sunday
The Octave Day of Easter is marked by the Eastern Orthodox Church today, named Saint Thomas Sunday.
It commemorates the event of the Holy Apostle Thomas’ touching the wounds of Christ.
The Christian calendar says that today was the day when the resurrected Jesus Christ appeared before his disciples. In Bulgaria the week after Easter’s is called Bright and on this day the end of the festive cycle occurs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sofia: Possibility of Increased Control of COVID-19 Contact Persons
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Over 200 New Cases of Omicron
- » Sofia: The Subway will Reach “Levski G” Neighborhood in 2025
- » Bulgarian Doctor: We are Waiting for a Vaccine that will Protect us Completely from COVID
- » Bulgarian Doctor: Covid is Not the only Explanation for the High Mortality Rate
- » WHO warns: The Pandemic is Not Over, Record Numbers of New Infections in Europe