Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
14 000 kilometers away, at the end of the world, among the ice a man experience not a feeling of death but eternity.
This is one of the conclusions from the psychological survey to the little communities put in extreme conditions, conducted by Irena Sokolova, reported BGNES.
On the World Earth Day successfully finished the anniversary 25th Bulgarian Antarctic expedition with a report about the finished science projects and the condition of the Bulgarian material base of the Bulgarian village on Livingston island.
For the first time this year a team of Bulgarian and Turkish surveyors build up 3D models of the buildings at the base and at the nearby Perunica Glacier. Soon people will be able to be carried away through Internet on a virtual walk in Antarctica.
Thanks to the acoustic project of Tatyana Asenova, will be invented a sound model which could help blind people to get in touch with Antarctica.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects