GERB’s Dimitar Glavchev Elected as President of 44th National Assembly
With 157 votes in favour, zero against and 81 abstaining, Dimitar Glavchev from GERB was elected as President of the National Assembly, BNR reported.
Addressing parliament Glavchev voiced hopes that the keyword in the work of the new parliament would be unity.
‘’We are faced with an important moment when Europe is at crossroads and Bulgaria is soon to take over the EU rotating presidency. I am sure that we will be able to find understanding over the law-making decisions’’, the new National Assembly President said.
- » Bulgarian Parliament’s Legal Committee Rejected President's Veto on Penal Code
- » 143 Schools and Kindergartens in Bulgaria have been Closed due to Flu and Bad Weather
- » Libyan Tanker Returned in Bulgarian Waters
- » Fines for Drivers without Vignettes in Bulgaria Start Tomorrow, 16.01
- » Bulgaria’s Ombudsman Maya Manolova Refers Water "Single Price" to Constitutional Court
- » State-owned Company will Build 134 km from the Hemus Motorway