Haskovo to Initiate Petition Against Pollution of Local Drinking Water With Uranium
Citizens of Bulgaria’s town Haskovo in Southeast Bulgaria have initiated a petition against the pollution of the local drinking water with uranium, BNR reported.
The petition will be sent to Bugaria’s Ombudsman Maya Manolova. It became clear that the water in Haskovo was polluted with uranium one year ago. All institutions in Haskovo – the Regional Health Inspectorate, the local water and wastewater company, Haskovo Municipality and the district administration were informed about the high concentration of uranium in the water on April 27,2016.
However, no institution has undertaken measures aimed at solving that problem. The citizens of Haskovo should go under a full health screening, the participants at the petition said.
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity