EC Criticizes Bulgaria Over Accepting Few Immigrants
In an EC report on the implementation of the quota for resettlement of migrants Bulgaria, Croatia and Slovakia have been criticized over accepting few of those wanting asylum.
The report states that Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia have not yet welcomed any Syrian refugees according to the agreement with Turkey, quoted by BNR.
So far, Bulgaria has accepted from Greece only 29 asylum seekers, while 310 applications have been received and the country vowed to welcome 831 people.
No migrants have been transferred from Italy to Bulgaria despite 140 submitted applications and requests for welcoming 471 people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria