Boyko Borisov: 'I Proposed to Kornelya Ninova to Accept to Chair the Parliament, but she Refused
I proposed to Korneliya Ninova for Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) to accept to chair the parliament, but she refused. This is what Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party leader Boyko Borisov said at the National Assembly after the party’s meeting with the BSP, according to Focus News.
“Neither us, nor them have ever talked about a coalition. I proposed to Ms Ninova, as a sign of respect to their good results, to accept to chair the parliament, but she refused, as they believed to be firm opposition. I think that, on the topic of Bulgarian security, for the EU presidency, for local production, we could find common ground at parliament, and for the new laws and amendments of old ones we could synchronise, in order for the country to run well in the following months and years,” Boyko Borisov commented, adding that negotiations were to continue.
- » With Money From Europe: Free Wi-Fi Network in 113 Municipalities in Bulgaria Will be Build
- » Ministry of Interior: Telephone Fraudsters Earn BGN 8-10 million Per Year
- » Heat Companies in Bulgaria Want an Increase in the Price of Heating by Up to 108%
- » Iliana Yotova Talks With Foreign Students of Bulgarian Origin
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Says Oman has Withdrawn Arbitration Claim over Corpbank
- » After Five Unexcused School Absences Social Benefits Suspended for a Year Decides Bulgarian Parliament