Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert
British airports and nuclear power plants have been ordered to tighten security over fears terrorist hackers could have found a way to bypass electronic safety checks.
Over the last 24 hours, spies have given a series of warnings terrorists might have discovered means of bypassing scanners in airports and security at nuclear facilities.
There are fears Islamic State terrorists could put bombs in mobile phones and laptops that would not be picked up by screening, The Sunday Telegraph reported.
This is believed to be the reason behind the USA and Britain's ban on travellers carrying laptops and large electronic devices from six countries.
Security officials are also concerned terrorists, spies or 'hacktivists' are looking for ways to take advantage of 'vulnerabilities' at nuclear power stations
The ban on laptops on British-bound travellers covers all direct flights from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, and Saudi Arabia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today