Eurostat: Bulgaria's North West Region Is Poorest in EU
In 2015, regional GDP per capita, expressed in terms of purchasing power standards, ranged from slightly less than 30% of the European Union (EU) average in the Bulgarian North West Region to 580% of the average in Inner London - West in the United Kingdomm, Eurostat said, quoted by BTA,
The leading regions in the ranking of regional GDP per capita in 2015, after Inner London - West in the United Kingdom (580% of the average), were the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (264%), Hamburg in Germany (206%) Bruxelles/Brussel in Belgium (205%) and Bratislava in Slovakia (188%).
After North West in Bulgaria (29% of the average), the lowest regions in the ranking were Mayotte in France (32%), North Central and South Central in Bulgaria (both 33%) and Nord-Est in Romania (34%).
Among the 19 regions with GDP per capita below 50% of the EU average, five were in Bulgaria, four each in Hungary and Poland, three in Romania, two in Greece and one in France.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia