Tourism in Bulgaria Develops Properly
Tourism is a sector of Bulgarian economy which has the potential to contribute to creating jobs. It has a fair share in GDP but is also important for the development of the country’s peripheral regions, said Minister of Tourism Stela Baltova who presented data about the sector in 2016, according to BNR.
She said that last year tourism grew 11.4% on 2015. In 2016,3.81 M Bulgarians were tourists, 83.4% of them travelled in the country, and 12.9% visited foreign countries.
On the other hand, 8.25 M foreign nationals came to Bulgaria for tourism, and 2.35 M passed through its territory as transit passengers.
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 27.2% y/y