Tourism in Bulgaria Develops Properly
Tourism is a sector of Bulgarian economy which has the potential to contribute to creating jobs. It has a fair share in GDP but is also important for the development of the country’s peripheral regions, said Minister of Tourism Stela Baltova who presented data about the sector in 2016, according to BNR.
She said that last year tourism grew 11.4% on 2015. In 2016,3.81 M Bulgarians were tourists, 83.4% of them travelled in the country, and 12.9% visited foreign countries.
On the other hand, 8.25 M foreign nationals came to Bulgaria for tourism, and 2.35 M passed through its territory as transit passengers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Before the Start of the Season: What are the Prices of Tickets for the Ski Area in Bansko
- » Travel in Europe Will Not Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels by 2024
- » Winter Tourism in Bulgaria: Will a Green Certificate be Required for the Ski Areas?
- » Bulgaria: The Ski Season will be More Expensive this Year
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year