Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
The Bulgarian Actors Union is organizing on Monday its annual ceremony for bestowing the "IKAR" awards on the occasion of the International Day of Theater.
The ceremony, which in 2017 is dedicated to several anniversaries this time will be held under the dome of the circus "Balkan" in the new park "Vuzrajdane", announced the organizers of the event.
120 years Bulgarian circus art, 95 years of the Bulgarian Actors Union, and celebrating the 95th birthday of the actress Stoyanka Mutafova - these are the three main anniversaries to be honored with this year's "IKAR".
The awards include best director, leading male and female role, supporting roles, overall contribution, director's debut, actor's debut, puppets' mastership, music, theater marketing and management, and others.
The first World Theatre Day International Message was written by Jean Cocteau (France) in 1962.
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre
- » Georgi Gospodinov Won One of the Largest European Literature Awards