Hundreds Arrested in Anti-Corruption Protests in Russia
Opposition leader Alexei Navalny has been arrested at an anti-corruption rally organised in Russia’s capital Moscow, reported BBC.
There are anti-corruption protest demonstrations all over Russia on Sunday demanding the resignation of PM Dmitry Medvedev because of corruption accusations. Thousands of people are participating in the protests.
Most of the demonstrations were not permitted by the authorities. In Moscow, a large number of policemen have been deployed in the streets and tens of protesters have been arrested.
TV reports show demonstrators holding banners “Down With Putin”, “Russia Without Putin”, “Putin Is a Thief”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has launched Military Maneuvers near Ukraine and in Annexed Crimea
- » Russia has added Navalny to the List of Terrorists and Extremists
- » Russian Foreign Minister: Our Patience is Running Out
- » US-Russia talks: Serious, Useful, Difficult, but No One Backed Down
- » Russia will take Fingerprints of all Foreigners and Test them for HIV
- » Mandatory Vaccination in Russia