Hundreds Arrested in Anti-Corruption Protests in Russia
Opposition leader Alexei Navalny has been arrested at an anti-corruption rally organised in Russia’s capital Moscow, reported BBC.
There are anti-corruption protest demonstrations all over Russia on Sunday demanding the resignation of PM Dmitry Medvedev because of corruption accusations. Thousands of people are participating in the protests.
Most of the demonstrations were not permitted by the authorities. In Moscow, a large number of policemen have been deployed in the streets and tens of protesters have been arrested.
TV reports show demonstrators holding banners “Down With Putin”, “Russia Without Putin”, “Putin Is a Thief”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia Closed the only Road to Georgia
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine
- » The Number of Russian Soldiers Killed and Wounded is approaching 180,000, according to a Norwegian General
- » Russia on Petkov: The Emphasis is Not on the Weapons, but on the Fact that He initiated the Exclusion from SWIFT
- » Medvedev: If a Nuclear Power Loses a War, it can Trigger a Nuclear Conflict
- » Russian Politician demanded the Assassination of the German Foreign Minister