Farmers Protests in Front of Bulgaria's Presidency
Protesting agricultural producers blocked the area between the Presidency and the building of the Council of Ministers, reported BGNES.
The protesters are shouting MAFIA and waving Bulgarian flags. There are producers from different areas of the country like Kyustendil, Dupnitsa etc.
There is enhanced police presence in the country.
Earlier on Wednesday, farmers gathered in front of the Agriculture and demanded a meeting with Agriculture Minister Hristo Bozukov. The minister, however, did not come out and some of the farmers got into clashes with the police.
Farmers demanded that the order of the minister banning new candidates under the measures for bio-agriculture be annulled and that the money for animal breeders be paid on this very day.
- » Border Police: Heavy Traffic of Trucks Exiting Bulgaria at Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Danube Bridge – Ruse Checkpoints
- » Election Authority to Appeal Against Court Ruling on Voting Machine Introduction in Bulgaria
- » Statistics: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Decreases in 2018
- » Prices of Living in Bulgaria Grew by 0.7% in July
- » Over 280 kg of Unfit Food has been Seized During Black Sea Check-ups
- » Urban Mobility: Teams are Working to Expand the Green Zone in Sofia