Anniversary of Brussels Bomb Attacks
One year ago Belgium was reeling from an attack by three suicide bombers on Brussels airport and a metro station in the capital.
Thirty-two people were killed and others were injured. The perpetrators were identified as Islamists extremists who were all Belgian nationals.
Twelve months on and the country is holding ceremonies in remembrance the victims, timed to the moment the bombers struck.
Brussels is home the both the European Union and NATO and the March 22 attacks raised all sorts of questions about surveillance and security.
A year later and Belgium remains on high alert, only too aware of threats both at home and from militants who may return from conflicts abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina
- » Record Sales of Electric Cars in Europe for 2022
- » EU with Higher Solar and Wind Energy Production in 2022 than Gas
- » EU: The Eurozone will avoid Recession this Winter
- » A Greek Fighter Jet has Crashed in the Ionian Sea, the Two Pilots are Missing