Greek Police Investigates 8 More Parcel Bombs Addressed to EU Experts
Police in Greece have discovered another eight parcel bombs intended for financial experts in the European Union. The anti-terrorist services reckon that the action was carried out by anarchists from the organisation Conspiracy of Fire Cells.
So far, eight parcels with explosives have been discovered in the mail. The mechanism of the explosive device is identical with the one contained in the parcel sent to German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble.
Inspections continue in all post offices and at Athens Airport where the police suspect more parcels with explosives have been sent.
The anti-terrorist services expect to find fingerprints in order to discover the perpetrators. The police think the entire action with the parcel bombs is the work of Greek anarchists but they have not yet claimed responsibility for seven of the parcels, thus further developments are to be expected.
The parcel bombs are addressed to financial experts in the European Union who are linked to the economic meausres of Greek creditors.
The police are also working on a possible link between the Greek anarchists and an international organisation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis