Data of All Persons Travelling Through Greece To Be Kept by Special Commission
The data of all persons who travel through Greece will be kept by a special commission including prosecutors, policemen and airline employees. The purpose is for authorities to have a data base of persons suspected of having links to jihadists.
When travelling through Greek airports and, later, ports, all data will be kept, including passport data, ticket number and direction of travel. According to experts, this will make it easier to detect forged passports as well.
Athens has already ordered state-of-the-art equipment for the operation of the special commission on combating crime and the tracking of persons with heavy sentences.
In order for the commission to operate, legal amendments are needed to the Law on Combating Organised Crime which permit the collection of personal data of passengers.
Comments in Greek media point out that the commission on personal data is being created under pressure from European countries and Washington.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macron: Thank you Bulgaria, Congratulations North Macedonia
- » "This is your European Duty": Macron urges Bulgaria to Support the Veto Compromise on North Macedonia
- » Greece is Proposing 2033 as the Deadline for the Western Balkans to Join the EU
- » Borrell Disappointed with the ongoing Veto on North Macedonia
- » 49% of Bulgarians have a Positive View of the EU but with a Drop of 2 Points since the End of 2021
- » EU Commissioner: By Adopting the Euro Bulgarians will have their Voices Heard