Bulgaria With Proposals To Supply Fighter Jets to Air Force
According to the Bulgarian Defence Ministry, Bulgaria has received three proposals to supply the country’s Air Force with fighter jets.
The proposals came from Sweden, offering new multi-role fighter aircraft, from Portugal, offering second-hand US made F-16s and Italy, with second-hand Eurofighters.
The interdepartmental working group on the issue, appointed by order of caretaker Prime Minister Ognyan Gerdzhikov, opened the proposals in the presence of representatives of Italy, Portugal, the US and Sweden.
Bulgaria’s Defence Ministry did not say when the working group would come up with the results of its evaluation of the bids. According to the project adopted in June 2016, this is to take a month.
- » Eight Allies,Including Bulgaria, Join Forces in Romania for Exercise SCORPIONS FURY 18
- » Bulgaria and Armenia Discuss Possibilities For Joint Military Exercises
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Joining the UN Pact on Migration First Must be Discussed in Parliament
- » Austria Accuses Colonel of Spying for Russia for Decades
- » Trump in Paris Slams Macron's 'Insulting' EU Army Proposals
- » The Bulgarian and Romanian Naval Forces Started their Annual Exercise Poseidon 2018