Bulgaria With Proposals To Supply Fighter Jets to Air Force
According to the Bulgarian Defence Ministry, Bulgaria has received three proposals to supply the country’s Air Force with fighter jets.
The proposals came from Sweden, offering new multi-role fighter aircraft, from Portugal, offering second-hand US made F-16s and Italy, with second-hand Eurofighters.
The interdepartmental working group on the issue, appointed by order of caretaker Prime Minister Ognyan Gerdzhikov, opened the proposals in the presence of representatives of Italy, Portugal, the US and Sweden.
Bulgaria’s Defence Ministry did not say when the working group would come up with the results of its evaluation of the bids. According to the project adopted in June 2016, this is to take a month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Defense Minister: There are 206 American Servicemen in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is Strengthening the Defense of its Borders
- » Ex-Deputy Defense Minister: Bulgaria is the Weak Link in NATO's Eastern Wing
- » Bulgaria will Receive the latest Training Simulators for the F-16 Fighters
- » CNN: The United States is Considering Sending up to 1,000 Troops to Bulgaria
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria can join a NATO Exercise with a Battalion of 1,000 people