ISIS Behind Plot To Attack German Shopping Mall
The mastermind behind the planned attack on a shopping center in the west German city of Essen is linked to Islamic State terrorist, German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said in an interview with German broadcaster ARD.
‘’There is a clear link to the so-called Islamic State, to this terrorist organization’’, the minister said during an appearance on ARD’s ‘’Report from Berlin’’ show.
He added that the planned attack was successfully prevented.
German police earlier detained two man as part of the investigation into the possible attack on the shopping mall.
According to German newspaper, the chief organizer of the planned attack is from town Oberhausen. It is assumed that 24-year-old man traveled to Syria in April,2015 to support the group of Islamic State.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » UK Moves to Delay Border Control with EU until January 1st 2022
- » Italy Blocks Australian Shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca Coronavirus Vaccines
- » Czech Government Declared a New State of Emergency
- » Poland to Ease Some COVID-19 Restrictions, but Lockdown Remains
- » Travel Chaos in UK as Europeans Suspend Flights
- » Boris Johnson in Brussels Tomorrow for Brexit Talks