E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
General Directorate Combating Organised Crime (GDBOP) has warned on its website that, in the last 3-4 days, cyber criminals have been sending e-mails with a warning that a law suit is about to be initiated. The attachment to the e-mails, however, contains a virus which compromises the computer system and “steals” personal data and passwords.
GDBOP has recommended that such e-mails not be opened and specified that these are circulated as spam. Experts have recommended that modern and reliable operational systems and security applications be used.
The e-mails are signed by Dimitrinka Dionova and these state that services have been ordered and not paid for. A very tight deadline has been set to pay a certain amount because interest will begin to accrue after that.
- » Bulgaria Uncovers Skimming Equipment, Fake Documents Workshop
- » Ministry of Interior Busted a Drug Lab near Varna
- » 18-year-old Girl Beaten by her Boyfriend in Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills more than 100 at Pakistan Election Rally
- » Thieves in Chicago Stole a Sculpture of a Bulgarian Artist
- » Brutal murder in Sofia, Son Beat his Mother and Killed his Father