Istanbul helicopter crash: At least Five Dead
A helicopter carrying top business execs has crashed onto a motorway after smashing into an atrial tower.
Five people were killed after the chopper came down in the mainly residential Büyükçekmece district of Istanbul, Turkey.
The Sikorsky S-76 helicopter had taken off from Istanbul's main Ataturk airport with seven people on board minutes before the accident.
Belonging to the Eczacıbaşı group of companies, it had been carrying a Turkish official, four Russian citizens and two Turkish pilots.
Witnesses said the aircraft hit a television tower in dense fog before crashing on to a nearby motorway.
Vasip Sahin, the governor of Istanbul, said the cause of the crash is under investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Series of Knife Attacks in three Brussels Neighborhoods: Two People have Died
- » Bulgarian SPG-9 Warriors mounted on Buggies chase Russian Tanks through the Mud in Ukraine
- » Musk: Apple has 'threatened to withhold' Twitter
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'
- » Russia not only Destroys but Depopulates Ukraine: A Quarter of its Population is already Abroad
- » Russian Sinologist: Within 10-15 years, the Balkans and Poland will want to join Russia