Bulgaria Joins International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance
The government of Bulgaria has approved the country's accession to the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA), its press office says.
To date, Bulgaria is only one of the 11 observer states at the IHRA, which has as many as 31 member countries, the press service recalls.
The organization works to secure the political and societal support for education, remembrance and research dedicated to the Holocaust on a national and international level.„
The move comes 2 days before Bulgaria marks an anniversary since it saved thousands of Bulgarian Jews facing deportation to Nazi concentration camps during World War II, even though it failed to prevent thousands of others from Thrace and Macedonia from being sent there.
- » Fandakova: The Battle For Sofia Has Become a Battle Against Sofia
- » Low Salaries Stand in the State's Way to Attract Good Cyber-Specialists
- » Sotir Tsatsarov: It's neither my, nor the Judiciary's Job to Advise the Public Administration that It Should Reconsider the Entire Protection System for Its Computer Networks
- » Sofia Celebrates its Holiday - September 17th
- » Bulgaria and Norway Will Work on Joint Projects in the Western Balkans
- » Sofia Will Host the European Mobility Week