Environmenalists to Protest against Bulgaria's Interim Govt
A demonstration is due on Monday evening in front of the Environment Ministry over a cabinet decision to approve a new plan for Pirin National Park increasing the area where construction is allowed.
Environmental activits have slammed the move as the new plan was passed without an environmental impact assessment, a day before the public holiday on March 03, which cut the time for appeals.
Caretaker Prime Minister Ognyan Gerdzhikov says the decision is not final and will be discussed with all sides involved and experts.
Parties have also got involved in the dispute, taking conflicting views.
Pirin National Park is a protected area in a list of UNESCO.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun in the East, Rain in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Yellow Code for Rainfall and Thunderstorms has been announced for half of Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West