EVN Puts Gorna Arda Hydro Power Cascade on Hold
EVN AG has informed all stakeholders the project for the realization of the Hydro Power Cascade is put on hold.
In a statement, EVN says the announcement comes "in relation to its legal obligations as a Vienna Stock Exchange listed company."
This is reported in the financial report of EVN AG for the first quarter of 2016/17.
The shareholder agreement between EVN AG and NEK for establishing a company for the construction of Hydro Power Cascade Gorna Arda was signed on July 19, 2010.
The development followed a pullout of Turish company Ceylan from the project.
EVN owns 70% of the project, while the National Electricity Company (NEK) has a 30% stake.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov and Russian PM Medvedev Discuss Energy Topics in Brussels
- » Additional BGN 40 milion will be Allocated to Help Bulgarians with Energy Bills
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: Maritsa Iztok-2 TPP will Get Money to Pay Carbon Emission Quota
- » Azerbaijan to Deliver 1/3 of Bulgaria’s Gas Demand
- » Fuel at Gas Stations in Bulgaria and EU with New Labels
- » The Bulgarian Ministry of Energy will Prepare National Position on Summertime Arrangements