EVN Puts Gorna Arda Hydro Power Cascade on Hold
EVN AG has informed all stakeholders the project for the realization of the Hydro Power Cascade is put on hold.
In a statement, EVN says the announcement comes "in relation to its legal obligations as a Vienna Stock Exchange listed company."
This is reported in the financial report of EVN AG for the first quarter of 2016/17.
The shareholder agreement between EVN AG and NEK for establishing a company for the construction of Hydro Power Cascade Gorna Arda was signed on July 19, 2010.
The development followed a pullout of Turish company Ceylan from the project.
EVN owns 70% of the project, while the National Electricity Company (NEK) has a 30% stake.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1