Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US 'Caught Stealing in Duty-Free Shop'
The former Bulgarian Ambassador to the United States has been detained at the airport in Warsaw for stealing cosmetics in a duty-free shop, according to Russian agency RIA Novosti.
Citing Polish radio EMF, the agency reports the goods concerned were worth the equivalent of nearly USD 400.
Bulgarian magazine Club Z quotes the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry as saying that, while Poptodorova has not worked at the diplomatic service for the past year, information is being required from Sofia's Embassy in Warsaw.
Elena Poptodorova was Bulgaria's Ambassador to Washington until the summer of 2016, her term having been extended several times.
- » Indonesian Teen Raped by her Brother is Jailed for Abortion
- » Passion Crime: Mafia Uses Young Bulgarian Girls to Trap Drunk Tourists
- » At Least 14 People Shot in Toronto and Shooter is Dead
- » The Police Found the Body of a Missing Polish Tourist in Pomorie
- » Three Bulgarians were Detained for for a Theft in Skopje
- » Nearly BGN 10 000 were Stolen from a Shop in Sofia