Bulgaria's Deputy Chief Prosecutor Brought to Court over 'Pressure' on Investigator
An investigator has filed a BGN 26 000 claim against Borislav Sarafov, the Deputy Chief Prosecutor over alleged "pressure" on him.
Strahil Kamenichki, who works at the National Investigation Service, allegedly spoke to Sarafov at a work meeting.
The prosecutor purportedly told Sarafov he was a coward for not pressing charges against the two train drivers involved in the tragic incident in Hitrino last December.
Sarafov threatened Kamenichki with launching disciplinary proceedings which, he falsely claimed, was entitled to start with the Supreme Judicial Council.
The two drivers were subsequently indicted.
- » Three illegal Migrants Detained on Kapitan Petko Voyvoda Checkpoint
- » Turkish Authorities Seized 104 kg. Heroin at the Turkish-Bulgarian Border
- » 71-Year-Old Woman From Svilengrad Gave BGN 14 000 to Phone Scammers
- » Macedonian Citizen was Detained for Assault of a Policeman in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Charges Six With Financing Syrian 'Terrorist' Groups As Network Uncovered
- » Bulgaria Extradites Russian Hacker to US: Embassy